Monday 20 August 2018

Hero Arts August 2018


I have decided that I will make a blog of all the cards I make so that I have a record.  I will list my supplies making it easier for me to duplicate it.

Supplies

7.   Background Christmas paper, buttons, metallic cord, micro star confetti, and charms from my stash.

This card was made using a technique called masking.  I had to mask the mugs so that they could be overlapped and I had to mask again so that the internal part of the mugs could be stamped with the cute mice.

1.  I first stamped the middle mug onto the white card stock, I used Memento black ink as this is Copic friendly and won't smear when the Copics touch the black outlines.

2.  I then created 2 masks for this mug - 1 of the mug and the other where I cut out the internal space of the mug so that I can stamp inside without stamping on the white space or the other mugs.




3.  I placed the mask over the mug in order to stamp another mug to give the illusion that they are behind the first mug.

4. Now stamp the 3rd mug on the right of the central mug.  That is all the mugs stamped now we need to stamp the designs on the mugs.

5. I choose the cute mice from Hero Arts Mouse Tea Party stamp set but you can choose your preferred images.

6. Take the 2nd mask of the mug - this is the mask where we cut out the mug face and then lay this over the already stamped mug.  Lay your image over the space and stamp your chosen image.  Repeat this for all 3 mugs

 7. Decorate your mugs and your mice using your preferred colouring medium.

8.Using the Lawn Fawn stitched rectangle stackables then we can go ahead and place our sentiments and embellishments where the suit best.

9. Take your base card and add your patterned paper which matches your theme.

10. Add your decorated mugs rectangle and add the extra embellishments of your choice.

11. If, like me, you like making and decorating bespoke envelopes this is your next stage using the We R Memory Keepers 1-2-3 Punch Board which is a great tool for envelopes, boxes and bows.



No comments:

Post a Comment